Stonewall Forever AR App
with Stink Studios for The Center and Google
Explore Stonewall Monument’s history through an immersive experience.
The Stonewall National Monument is a cornerstone of the gay rights movement in the United States. 2019 marked the 50th anniversary of the legendary riots of 1969 that helped kick off the transformational LGBTQ rights movement. To mark the occasion, The Center, with support from Google, set out to curate and develop a digital monument for visitors near and far to explore. The Stonewall Forever campaign included a documentary short film, an engaging website, and an immersive AR app. Together, these elements helped tell the history of the Stonewall Inn, and the battles that are still being fought today for LGBTQ rights.
- USA Today: Stonewall Forever: 50 years after the raid that sparked the LGBTQ movement, monument goes digital
- Mashable: Explore Stonewall National Monument's digital makeover and add your own story
- Adweek: Google Created an AR Experience to Tell the Story of the Stonewall Riots
- Fast Company: Stonewall 50 years later: Google’s digital monument marks LGBT history
- Time: Google Celebrates 50 Years of LGBTQ Pride with 'Living Monument' to the Stonewall Riots
- Rolling Stone: Interactive Stonewall Monument Shines a Light on LGBTQ History
- Augmented Reality,
- Mobile Development,
- Unity Development